Baseline and Pre-refit Surveys can be utilised as either part of the Full Remote Diagnosis service, or as a one-off survey (usually for Class Approval) to establish the condition of machines, and determine any necessary maintenance.
Our engineers will survey all available machines. The data collected can pinpoint the cause of faults before expensive stays at a shipyard are scheduled. This data provides a thorough machine condition evaluation and, using known frequencies specific to the vessel, can detect a multitude of problems, such as:
- Misalignment of shaft couplings, flexible machine couplings
- Unbalance of rotating components
- Deterioration of rolling-element bearings within transmissions and thrust bearings
- Gear wear
- Machinery soft-foot conditions
- Build up on fan blades
- Stator, rotor and winding faults within motors
Our engineers have an average of 10 years analysis experience, and will provide a complete report to both management and vessel.
As part of the Pre-Refit exercise, a thermal survey can also be included. This would include electrical reticulation such as switchboards and motor control panels, and in addition, mechanical faults such as overheating and overloaded motors, bearing and gearbox problems.